Monday, 9 July 2012

Care worker wins £25,000 jackpot

A Haywards Heath care worker has won the jackpot in Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance’s Superdraw just a month after joining the charity lottery.

Doreen Knight, who works at Walstead Place, signed up after a canvasser called at her door and made her first £8-a-month payment on June 7th.

Two weeks later, she scooped the top prize after lucky numbers 8, 9, 10 and 21 came up in the midweek draw.

The mother-of-three and her husband Brian are now planning to spend their winnings on a holiday to America and a new kitchen.

She said: “I was on my way to work when I got the call to say I’d won and I was shaking. It’s just un-believable to have won so quickly and I had to check the Air Ambulance website to see if it was true.

“It’s come at a good time because my husband will be 60 this year and he’s always wanted to see the New England Falls so that’s on the cards for next year. I’d quite like to see the Niagara Falls as well.”

Last week, Air Ambulance Critical Care Paramedic Jez Harwood presented the couple with their cheque at the helicopter base at Dunsfold.

The charity’s regular lottery costs just £1 a week with 12 weekly winners of amounts ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the lottery, call 01622 833833.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment