Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Nursery worker wins lottery jackpot

A Frimley nursery manager enjoyed a flying start to the new school term when she won almost £5,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

Penny Hipperson, co-ordinator at St Francis Pre-School, signed up to the Superdraw in January after a canvasser called at her Warren Rise home.

Just eight months later, lucky numbers 4, 19, 22 and 35 came up in last Wednesday’s draw - winning her the jackpot of £4,578.

She said: “I’ve only ever won two prizes in the pre-school raffle. One was a bottle of whisky about 20 years ago and this year I won three months’ membership at the local gym.

“I joined the lottery because I thought at least it would be an annual donation. I still can’t quite believe I’ve won it, especially in less than a year. I’m very lucky and it has come completely out of the blue.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s regular lottery costs just £1 a week with 12 weekly winners of amounts ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the fundraising lottery, call 01622 833833.

No comments:

Post a Comment