Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Steve sheds the pounds for charity bike ride

A Dorking businessman who has lost four stone in just 18 months is gearing up for a 100km charity bike ride in aid of Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance.

Father-of-two Steve Kreuchen tipped the scales at 17-and-half stone before he took up cycling and started going to the gym.

He now weighs a healthy 13-and-a-half stone and has signed up for the Air Ambulance’s Double 100 Cycle Challenge on June 23rd.

The 100-mile or 100km ride starts and finishes at the helicopter base at Redhill Aerodrome and cyclists can still enter the fundraising event.

Steve said: “Two years ago, I weighed 17-and-a-half stone and decided that at the age of 50 it was time to take control.

“I’m now down to 13-and-a-half stone, I go to the gym three or four times a week and cycle at weekends.

“A year ago I struggled to walk up Box Hill, now I cycle up it then another hill just for fun. I signed up for the Double 100 to give myself a focus and to contribute to an excellent cause.

“The Air Ambulance is an essential service and it needs all the support it can get and more. I hope I never have to use it but I always hope it’s there if I do.”

The Double 100 is open to regular and occasional cyclists with feeding stations along the routes.

To register go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/FundRaising/Double100CycleChallenge

This year’s ride has kindly been sponsored by Howard Cundey Chartered Surveyors and Estate Agents, Asda, Warburtons and Wellbeing People.

For more information call Julie Clare on 01622 833833 or email juliec@kssairambulance.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment