Monday, 19 August 2013

Angler reels in £1,000 lottery win

Photo: Chris Barden pictured at Cranbrook and District Angling Club’s lake next to the Air Ambulance helicopter base at Marden

An angler landed the biggest catch of the day when she scooped the jackpot in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

Chris Barden, from Chatham, netted the £1,000 top prize in the mid-week draw and plans to celebrate her win by splashing out on a new fishing rod.

She visited the helicopter base at Marden last week to be presented with her cheque by the pilot, doctor and paramedic.

She said: “I was ecstatic when I found out I’d won because I’ve only been fishing for about three months and this means I can now buy myself a really good rod.

“I’ve always wanted to do a bit of sea fishing as well so now I can hire a boat out for the day, or have a holiday in Tenerife.”

Mrs Barden, of Blue Bell Hill, joined the fundraising lottery four years ago after a canvasser called at her home.

She added: “The Air Ambulance is an essential life-saving service and I’ve always felt that it’s a vital charity.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s regular lottery costs just £1 a week with 12 weekly winners of amounts ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the lottery, call 01622 833833.

No comments:

Post a Comment