Monday, 27 January 2014

Instant win for Air Ambulance lottery member

Photo: Air Ambulance Pilot, Captain Kevin Goddard

 

A Whitstable grandmother has been given an early birthday present after winning almost £8,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

 

The winner, who wishes to remain anonymous, scooped the jackpot in the Superdraw just a week after making her first £8-a-month payment.

 

She signed up to the fundraising lottery at her local Sainsbury’s only last month and picked lucky numbers 11, 13, 24, and 29 from family birthdays.

 

In total, she won £7,832 when her numbers came up in last Wednesday’s draw and now plans to splash the cash on a holiday and a new bathroom.

 

She said: “I couldn’t believe it, I joined the lottery only last month so it’s quite amazing really. In a million years I didn’t think I would win anything, I thought I would just support the charity and I forgot all about it.

 

“I’m still quite shocked really so I’ve not really thought about celebrating but it’s my birthday this week so this is a lovely present.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the lottery go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/Lottery/join_lottery or call 01622 833833.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment