Friday, 7 February 2014

Early birthday present for lottery winner

A Worplesdon man is splashing out on a holiday to France after winning almost £8,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

Gerard, a semi-retired finance and legal worker, scooped the jackpot in Wednesday’s Superdraw with lucky numbers 12, 16, 21 and 35.

His windfall of £7,854 came just five months after he signed up to the fundraising lottery when a canvasser called at his home.

He said: “I’m delighted because I’ve held Premium Bonds since they first came out in 1956 and I’ve still not had a win. This is my first win of anything ever.

“By sheer coincidence it’s my birthday on Sunday so that’s probably why it happened, it must be in the stars! My wife chose most of the numbers so I’ll give her a good chunk.

“We’ve already got a holiday planned in France later this year so this will obviously help with the expenditure there. I’m just delighted that the money we are giving is going to a superb cause.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the lottery go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/Lottery/join_lottery or call 01622 833833.

No comments:

Post a Comment