Thursday, 24 April 2014

Lottery winner thanks her lucky stars

Photo: Air Ambulance Pilot, Captain Kevin Goddard

A Godalming woman is celebrating after winning more than £4,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

Ann Vickery signed up to the fundraising Superdraw after a canvasser called at her home four years ago when the helicopter was based at Dunsfold.

And the mother-of-four was stunned when her £8-a-month subscription paid off and her lucky numbers 6, 12, 17 and 21 came up in last Wednesday’s draw.

In total, she won a grand total of £4,219.02 which she now plans to spend on a new greenhouse and treats for her family.

She said: “I was so shocked I couldn’t believe it when the lady at the Air Ambulance called to tell me I’d won. I’m really chuffed.

“I’d just won a raffle at the WI and I said to my daughter I was going to win the lottery, then I did. The most I’ve ever won before was £60 on the National Lottery.

“I don’t drive but my family do and I just think that when you hear about all these accidents that the air ambulance is called to, we should thank our lucky stars that it’s there.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the lottery go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/Lottery/join_lottery or call 01622 833833.

No comments:

Post a Comment