Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Lottery winner's lucky number 13

Photo: Air Ambulance Pilot, Captain Kevin Goddard

An Ifield mother is celebrating after winning more than £13,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

The winner, who wishes to remain anonymous, scooped the jackpot in Wednesday’s Superdraw with numbers picked from family birthdays – 1, 6, 13 and 15.

She signed up to the lottery when a canvasser called at her home in May last year and thought nothing more of her £8-a-month subscription.

Her biggest win until last week was £450 on the National Lottery so she was shocked when she received a call telling her she had £13,259 in the Superdraw.

She said: “It’s a wonderful surprise because you support these things, you pay the money every month and you forget about it because you don’t ever expect to be a winner.

“When the lady at the air ambulance called to say I’d won she said I’d need a pen to write down how much.

“I thought, if it’s £200 I don’t need to write it down but when she said £13,259.34, I was shocked. I’m planning to give some of it to my sons and splurge the rest of it on myself.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount. To join the fundraising lottery go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/Lottery/join_lottery or call 01622 833833

No comments:

Post a Comment