Monday, 1 December 2014

Air Ambulance lottery winner

A Windlesham grandmother is celebrating after winning more than £13,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s charity lottery.

The winner, who wishes to remain anonymous, scooped the jackpot in last Wednesday’s Superdraw with lucky numbers 7, 26, 28 and 31.

She signed up to the lottery when a canvasser called at her home in March and thought nothing more of her £8-a-month subscription.

The retired nurse was shocked when she received a call telling her she had won a grand total of £13,329.36.

She said: “My legs went like jelly and I had to sit down, I can’t quite believe it.

“I’ve never won anything before so this has come out of the blue because I didn’t think I would ever win. I just signed up to support the charity because it’s a damn good cause.

“I thought I’d won about £300 but when I heard it was £13,329, I burst into tears. This win is going to help a lot and we’re going to have a fabulous Christmas, the best one we’ve ever had.”

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance’s Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000 – a life-changing amount.

For information on how to join the fundraising lottery go to http://www.kssairambulance.org.uk/give/howtojoin or call 01622 833833.

No comments:

Post a Comment