Friday, 8 January 2016

Air ambulance lottery winner

Photo: Air Ambulance Pilot, Captain Kevin Goddard

A retired printer from Gillingham has won the £1,000 jackpot in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance's lottery this week.

David Simmonds joined the lifesaving charity's Regular Lottery two years ago and thought nothing more of his £4-a-month subscription.

The father-of-three was shocked when he received a call from the air ambulance telling him he had landed the top prize in Wednesday's draw.

He said: "That's wonderful, the most I've ever won before was £25 in Premium Bonds and a chicken in a Christmas raffle at work.

"There was a canvasser for the air ambulance lottery at Coop in Gillingham but I didn't have my bank card with me so I got in touch with them when I got home, and I'm so glad I did now. My son is getting married in June so this win will help with that."

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance's Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000.

For an extra £1 a week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000. There was no winner this week so the jackpot has rolled over until next week and currently stands at £17,837.64

For information on how to join the fundraising lottery go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/give/howtojoin or call 01622 833833.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment