Monday, 19 September 2016

Air ambulance lottery winner

Photo: Kevin Weston

A kitchen fitter from East Grinstead jetted off on a holiday to France, and then landed more than £18,000 in Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance's lottery.

Kevin Weston, 61, joined the life-saving charity's Regular Lottery and Superdraw when a representative called at his home three years ago.

He thought nothing more of his £8-a-month subscription until he won a grand total of £18,786.24 in the mid-week draw with lucky numbers 8, 14, 15 and 28.

Kevin had just left the UK for a three-month break at his holiday home in France when he won the jackpot, and found out the good news a month later.

He said: "I was shocked when I heard I'd won and thought it was a wind-up! I used to think I was one of  the un-luckiest people in the world because I'd never won anything.

"I overspent whilst doing work on my property in France so the first thing I did was pay off my credit card."

Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance's Regular Lottery costs just £1 per week and there are 12 winners drawn each week with prizes ranging from £25 to £1,000. 

For an extra £1 per week, players can join the Superdraw which has a maximum jackpot of £25,000.

Kevin added: "The air ambulance does a wonderful job and it's there when people need it the most. It's a necessity."

To join the air ambulance lottery, go to www.kssairambulance.org.uk/lottery or call 01622 833833

No comments:

Post a Comment